Safety needs to be nurtured at every level – from the casual employee to the C-suite; the individual to the team. Only then will you create a strong, sustainable, safety performance culture where processes are followed, corners aren’t cut, reactions are thought through, employees have the courage to speak up and management acts upon concerns.
Creating individual and organisational safety behaviour change takes a whole of system approach.
If you’ve ever tried to lose weight or quit smoking you’ll know that individual behaviour change is difficult, despite your health being at stake. The same principles hold true for safety – even when people know the safest response the environment doesn’t always support them to make the safest decision. Research shows the whole system must change or we are setting people up to fail.
As psychologists and organisational development specialists we take a scientific approach to safety behaviour and culture change.
We know sustainable change needs to consider individual behaviour AND other cultural drivers such as business processes, systems and symbols. We work with your organisation to create a whole of system change plan.
As psychologists we use tools to objectively analyse:
- Individual behaviour
- Team strengths and development areas
- Organisational culture.
Partner & Engage
We work with your company leaders and employees to define safety goals.
- Trust & engagement of key stakeholders
- Leadership & Engagement Workshop
- Communications and Project Plans
- Agreement on measures of success
Diagnose & Customise
Implement & Sustain
Leaders are equipped with the skills to drive change. Employees learn to identify safety issues and take ownership of change.
- Rapid Results Program safety coaching and feedback sessions
- Safety Rapid Results
- Drive change in behaviours, systems and processes
- Measurable and pragmatic change in safety behaviours and business systems
- Safety leadership – improving skills of safety leaders
- Team workshops
Evaluate & Report
We take a scientific approach to the analysis of safety program outcomes. Results are measured against defined KPIs.
- Report on program success and behavioural/ cultural changes
- Analysis of ROI and improvements in agreed safety metrics